30 Day Challange to raise up independent learners

Come join us along this 30 day interactive journey as we share our ideas, stories, experiences and provide accountability for each other along the way.





The purpose is to raise up more independent learners within our homes.















Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 9

Remembering what is truely improtant................How important is it to accomplish everyting on our list in a day? Finishing each school subject before we can be "done",cleaning our houses, driving our kids around to all kinds of activities,etc. I for one can tend to let all kinds of things get in the way of the 2 most important things God put us on this earth to do; Love Him, and Love Others.

Yesterday, I came home from a very busy day to find out that one of my nephews (23 yrs old) had died. They are not sure at this point but they think he either intentionally took his own life or he died from a drug overdose.
The question I ask myself is "Why"? Why would anyone take their own life, no matter how it was done? I can't help to wonder if he just did not feel loved enough, if he did not feel he was good enough, or if he just did not have others he felt he could really turn to that would REALLY listen to him. It made me think more about what seems to be becoming a key part of the missing puzzle in our society.....................connection with others. We get ourselves so busy caring about accomplishing THINGS that we forget that the most important thing in this life is connecting and loving others.

I can't help but think...............what if that was my son. Whould I have cared as much if we did not get to that one or two school subjects that day, would it have mattered to me that I got the house cleaned completely that day, or finished everything on my to do list for the day? What I do know is that I would have regreted worrying and stressing over all of those little things and not having just spent more of those days connecting and loving him.

Go out and be a blessing to your children, love them and thank God for them!

Try to remember in those times where accomplishments are seeping in to take first place over relationships...................What is most important here!

Peace in your day

No comments:

Post a Comment